Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 22

Video

I convinced my school's parent group to buy a Flip video camera. It's a lot of fun and I found some great uses for it. One of the best was recording student conversations about books. It helped the students see how to talk to each other and it was a great way to share these with others.

It fits in my pocket and I can record on the spot...kids don't even have the chance to make faces or give their friends bunny ears.

It's really hard for us to use this application on the web, however. The school district blocks YouTube and many video applications, so it's just not practical to count on using video in this way. There are lots of other ways, though. The Flip camera plugs right into the computer for viewing on a Smartboard, or into a TV monitor.

It's pretty fun and I want to spend more time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment