Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing 3

Seven and a Half Habits

I named my blog before I read about the 7.5 habits. I believe teaching has to be playful because play is the work of children. I learn best when I have the chance to puzzle through a project on my own. I troubleshoot that way, too--I'm a button pusher.

So Play is the easiest habit for me. The hardest? Create your own learning toolbox. I'm forgetful. I tend to forget what I already learned and find myself fiddling around to find my way the second (or third or fourth) time around.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, makesmudpies,
    I can see by your quote on your dashboard, you are already a life-long learner. Your easiest habit is my most difficult. What's the best way to "chat" about this?
    signed
    pbsweetjam

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello mudpies, I also love to get dirty and find out new things through exploration...play was the easiest one for me too :) have fun with the 23 things...this should be a very interesting class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mudpies, I think we've spent some time making mudpies in the past. Nice to 'hear' your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mudpies, it is nice to 'hear' your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mudpies...love the name of your blog! I totally agree with you about the nature of our work...we need to play...and we can't forget what it is like to see the world through the eyes of our students!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I was drawn to this one for a reason...good to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete