Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing 15

Podcasts in the Classroom

Snore....

If I had the power to change the way teachers teach, one of the first things I'd do would be to limit the amount of talking teachers do. Keep the lesson short and to the point, give kids a chance to do stuff. Then teach side by side with kids while they work and when they need more expertise from the teacher.

Podcasts are more talking.

I think there might be some students who would love to be more independent with their learning. In this case, children who want more or who need to revisit a topic might enjoy podcasts because the information is focused and tailored to their interests.

Someone might need to convince me of other ways podcasts might be used in the classroom. I'm not a fan right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm following your blog and like your style! Love your blog about podcasting. It is more talking. I know teachers who give huge study guides and until they change their reason for these, perhaps a studycast might work for those students who struggle.

    ReplyDelete