Wednesday, June 17, 2009

thing 4

Originally uploaded by makesmudpies

One of my most memorable experiences was learning about making glass. I had the opportunity to work with some young, creative (and I would add fearless) glass artists. For me, it was as exciting as sky diving or some other wild adventure is for others.

You need to concentrate and focus, use your brain and physical strength all while doing your best not to hurt yourself or others in order to create something beautiful.

For the most part, I didn't really end up with anything that I would show off except for these paperweights. (My pictures don't let you see the mistakes.) (Whoops, I shouldn't have told you there were mistakes.)

It was the thrill of creating that was exhilarating to me.

For me, learning of any kind is like this. This includes learning about the read/write web. I find joy in playing around and trying things out. I might end up with a gem or I might just have learned something I'll never forget that leads me to other adventures.

2 comments:

  1. These weights look as good as any I've seen in the store for sale....what "mistakes"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good, Lisa...I hid them well!

    ReplyDelete