Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing 12

Productivity anywhere I find a browser

I visited some of the suggested sites from the 23 Things site and found Remember the Milk to be one I liked a lot. I can use it on my iPod Touch. I use the Apple calendar application, so I already have the ability to share my calendar on line.

Here's a problem I had with some. It might not make much sense for me to be critical about the look of a tool when my blog is so thrown together, but it does make a difference to me.

Some of the sites just weren't appealing to me--Knowtes, for example didn't have any visual appeal.

I keep thinking about Daniel Pink's book A Whole New Mind in which he writes about how Abundance has given us so much choice, we're going to ignore work that doesn't stand out in terms of function or design. Why should we settle for something ordinary when for no more effort, time, or money we can get a design that appeals to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment