Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing 19

Social Bookmarking

I am one of the people talked about in the Commoncraft video who creates a long string of bookmarks on my computer. I end up having to duplicate my list (or send links) to my home computer so I don't lose my lists. Then my school computer gets ghosted each summer and I always forget to save my bookmarks. Keeping them in a web based program will solve that problem!

Using a site like del.icio.us will be a great time saver for me. I tried using it once, but not to its full advantage. I'm going to give it another try.

The social networking aspect of it is one of the better features. Of course that means the decision making about tags and notes has to be done with some consideration for others instead of my own idiosyncratic sorts.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you need to worry about naming tags the way you wish... the whole point is that when you create a tag, that it makes sense to you so you can find things easily when you need to.

    Chances are though, your tags will overlap with others, because we all describe thing differently, but will certainly have similarities as well.

    ReplyDelete